Whitchurch Primary School welcome children who are aged 4 before the 31st of August into Aspen Class.
Our school starters enjoy their first year of school engaged in learning opportunities that are based around a holistic approach. We strongly believe that children should have enjoyment through their school education and we plan carefully, learning opportunities that develop our children’s academic and prosocial skills. There are hundreds of ways of finding success we value and nurture individuality.
Opportunities our children enjoy:
- Sports coaching
- Maths teaching supported by a Maths advisory teacher who works across the country and specialises in early Maths development
- Specialist music sessions
- Reggio Emilia inspired mark making programme
- Forest School sessions in our community woodland site
- Early Years after school clubs
- Extra supporting staff allows us to offer early intervention
- Reading Champions
- High phonics pass rate
- Thematic curriculum that is driven by our children and exciting visits and visitors
Learning and teaching, for our setting, is a cyclical process; a continual journey of exploration and reflection. We place great importance on dialogue; between our children, adults and our children’s families. We believe that children are active constructors of knowledge and should be able to work collaboratively to explore and test their own theories in a stimulating and enriching environment. Our parents can enjoy following our children’s learning opportunities through our online Early Years blog (photographs are not included of individuals) you can enjoy viewing our indoor and outdoor provision and activities that really engage our children in their learning.
We spend our time as practioners, getting to know our children and welcome them fully into our Weston family. Our children spend so much of their time in our setting and in our care that we feel we must be the right school for you and your family. We welcome children and parents to come and visit us, anytime, and to see how we can nurture your child to achieve the best they can in their school career.